Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Who Is The Dreamer, Dreaming? - Poem by Mountain Poet

WHO IS THE DREAMER, DREAMING?

As the larger sky above 
is part air, part cloud, 
life transitions into death. 
Darkness is dispelled by light. 

In a dream you gave me your hand, 
I saw your fingers stretch out for mine. 
I felt your distant presence 
through the pressure in my heart. 

When we rise each day in life, 
the idea of dying is but a dream. 
When we are dead life is 
but a dream upon a dream. 

Light to dark, we wake, we sleep 
we move by stillness into eternity. 
Death is more than dying, 
Living is more than life. 
Who is the dreamer, dreaming? 


                     ***
- Mountain Poet

Copyright 2005 - Written after my twin brother died and came to see me in a dream. 
Winner of Editor's Choice Award 2006


Art: Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment

Los Lonely Boys - Heaven